|A JR East passanger car at Okawa Station is operated by JR East's Tsurumi Line. It is 5.1 kilometers from the beginning of the line at Tsurumi Station and the end of the line.Okawa Station was opened on July 20, 1924 as a station on the privately-held Tsurumi Rinko Railway (?????? Tsurumi Rinko Tetsudo). It was initially for freight operations only. Passenger services were started from October 28, 1930. The line was nationalized on July 1, 1943, and was later absorbed into the Japan National Railway (JNR) network. The station has been unattended since March 1, 1971. Upon the privatization of the Japan National Railways (JNR) on April 1, 1987 the station has been operated by JR East. Okawa Station has a single side platform for both inbound and outbound trains.